[CS-FSLUG] E-Mail Format ( was NI: Possible Doom for Mac OS X)

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 15:20:26 CDT 2005

On 6/10/05, Nicholas Donato <ndonato at gmail.com> wrote:
> How's this, Don?  This should be plain text.  I am using Gmail's web
> based client.
>
> On 6/10/05, Don Parris <evangelinux at thefreelyproject.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 07:58:51 -0700
> > Nicholas Donato <ndonato at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > To Bob & Nicholas,
> >
> > Are your e-mail clients set to use plain text?  I can see Wei-Yee Chan's
> > e-mail fine.  When I open e-mail from the two of you, Sylpheed-Claws doesn't
> > like what it sees.  I have to open the messages in a text editor, only to
> > discover they're in binary format.  Even straight html mail shows up, albeit
> > as it would look in an html editor.  But your messages are weird.  I can't
> > tell what e-mail client y'all use.  If you would use a plain text format, I
> > will be able to read your e-mail.  Thanks.
> >
> > Blessings,
> > Don
> > --
> > evangelinux    GNU Evangelist
> > http://matheteuo.org/                   http://chaddb.sourceforge.net/
> > "Free software is like God's love - you can share it with anyone anytime
> > anywhere."

I suppose it could be a problem with my e-mail client.  I did notice
that it suddenly stopped showing certain messages, but I have no idea
what the cause might be.  I haven't dealt with it, as I have other
priorities.  However, I'm still able to see most messages.
Occasionally, I have to open messages in gEdit.  The messages usually
appear there with no problems.  This time, it looks like a hex dump.
I'll shoot you a copy later.

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist