[CS-FSLUG] MetConnect/A Favor of My Friends in New York

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Wed Jun 8 10:53:53 CDT 2005

Hi Fred,
> Well, you may also want to try it tomorrow, as it's POSSIBLE the
> lines are
> down. Much of the State had VERY bad thunderstorms yesterday - we
> had over
> 7,000 without power over night in our area alone.

     Sounds like a bad one, thanks for the tip. Did you have any damage?

> I don't do dialup, so I
> can't check it.

     Are you within local calling distance of NYC? If so, might I ask
if you could just dial the number on your phone (far enough away from
your ear so as not to hurt it if it works, of course)? (212) 359-2000
seems to be the main number.

     I'm still getting "all circuits are busy" from the operator...
of course, if it was a really bad storm, I guess they could be out
for a few days.

     I suppose I could always recommend a prepaid dialup service to
the said friend; it seems like too much trouble to subscribe to a
normal service for only a short period of time (mostly because of the
"fun" of trying to cancel services :-)). Then again, the
worthwhileness of dial-up at all is something I'd have to wonder
about anymore, but it works as a stopgap I suppose.

     Thanks again.

     -Tim