[CS-FSLUG] OT: Techworld.com - Windows wipes floor with Linux

Aaron Lehmann lehmanap at lehmanap.dyndns.org
Wed Jun 1 10:13:07 CDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 10:56:55AM -0400, Don Parris wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 00:59:38 -0400
> "Fred A. Miller" <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
>
> > http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?NewsID=3760
>
> The last time I checked, when one number is more than double another number,
> that means the lower number is, well, lower.  If GNU/Linux continues its
> current growth rate, then it would seem to follow naturally that it could
> easily catch up to UNIX/Windows.  How can it be said that Windows wipes the
> floor with GNU/Linux, when the latter outperformed the former?

The theory, I believe is that Windows makes more money than Linux, and
thus is more successful.  This is a valid metric, unless you realize
that moneymaking is not the prime goal of most Linux distrobutions.

> Maybe I'm just stupid.

You and I both.  This article hurts brains.  I propose we take this
hostile action by Fred as a declaration of war, and respond accordingly.
Does anyone have any Paris Hilton quotes we can email to him in
retaliation?

Aaron Lehmann