[CS-FSLUG] IE7 nukes Google, Yahoo! search

dmc edoc7 at verizon.net
Sun Jul 31 22:15:41 CDT 2005

As a "Linux evangelist" I introduced a small college to Manhattan,
an open source online education app.  They were overwhelmed by
the concept at the time but now 2 years later are about to
implement Moodle, another Linux-based online app.

I also exposed them to Firefox and Thunderbird.  They still insist
on running theirs on WinXP but there is still movement in the right
direction!

Meanwhile here at home I have everything but non-Linux compatible
children's learning programs on Linux ... wife and two elementary
school age children use Linux daily.

Have also moved two friends to Linux, though one of one of them
runs WinXP as well ... coward!

doc

Timothy Butler wrote:

>> Well, this year alone I "walked" over 30 people over the phone
>> through a SUSE
>> install, and MANY MORE than that in my area here where I've either
>> done the
>> install or been present during one. ;)
>

> I haven't done nearly as well. I switched three people over to GNU/
> Linux, personally. One ultimately became a Mac OS X user, the other  two
> went back to Windows XP after a short period of time. :-(
>
>     -Tim

Respectfully,
David M. Colburn, D.Min, MACo, etc.
http://bibleseven.com