[CS-FSLUG] NI: As of today, piracy-check mandatory for Windows add-ons

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Tue Jul 26 11:25:28 CDT 2005

"Beginning Tuesday, the piracy check will be mandatory for all customers
worldwide who want to download add-ons for Windows XP.

The only exception is for security-related patches. Regardless of whether a
system passes the test, security updates will be available to all Windows
users via either manual download or automatic update. The Microsoft Update
and Windows Update utilities, which provide notifications of new patches,
will require validation."

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-5804045.html?tag=nl.e589

to you, at this time.