[CS-FSLUG] SUSE 9.3 keyboard problem

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 18:47:23 CDT 2005

I'm using SUSE 9.3 and so far its been very nice, but there is a
problem in some programs, mostly games, in which my left key on my
keyboard works fine, but the right key doesn't work, it either counts
as the up key, or doesn't work at all.

I've tried checking the keyboard setup in YaST, it is set to US
American and works fine with any Qt or GTK app, but when it comes to
OpenGL and a few other toolkits the arrow keys are messed up in the
way I've mentioned above.

I don't know what is causing this, if someone could verify that the
problem is in the actual programs and not my keyboard I don't know if
that would be very reassuring since SUSE hasn't been very eager to fix
such odd bugs before; however, if the problem is my keyboard that
means spending more money. Can anyone tell me exactly what is wrong
here, and what solutions I have available.

btw. the fonts look very nice in SUSE and the integrated spell checker
is running nicely now as well. It's been a few months at least since
I've had a working KDE desktop, now I just need to adjust the refresh
rate on my monitor to get rid of the flicker.