[CS-FSLUG] Libre Software Seminar

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 15:44:13 CDT 2005

On 7/20/05, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 July 2005 11:59 am, Don Parris wrote:
> > I just finished a meeting with the Pastor of Saint Paul Missionary Baptist
> > Church (my so-called "home church", where I was licensed/ordained). SPBC
> > has a congregation of approx. 4000 members. The gist of our conversation
> > is that the pastor bought a copy of PitP 2.0 to give his director of
> > Ministry Development. He's going to have her read the book, and get in
> > touch with me about providing an informational seminar (2-4 hours) to the
> > church. From there, he'll help me branch out into other areas and
> > churches. I will get paid for the seminar as well.
> >
> > Obviously, this represents a major opportunity for the libre software
> > movement in general. I'll do my best to make the most of it!
>
> GOOD deal!!! GREAT opportunity!

Mind y'all, there's no date yet, but the promise is that the pastor
will help the ministry to grow from there.  Given his extensive
network within the State General Baptist Convention, not to mention
his reknown throughout the city, this is a great opportunity.  I'm
absolutely giddy.

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist