[CS-FSLUG] OT: 8th Anniversary

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Wed Jul 20 07:51:36 CDT 2005

My wife and I celebrated our third anniversary about 4 weeks ago.  We
knew we might be traveling (travailing?) cross country, so we celebrated
it a little early.  Two weeks before our actual anniversary we took our
newly repaired motorhome from Portland to Minnesota.  The engine caught
fire twice and had a very large number of other problems with it.  It
took much longer than expected.  After a few days of driving all night
and sleeping a few hours during the day (we had overheting problems so
it ran better during the night), we finally arrived back home in
Minnesota.  There we found a number of relatives had gathered, as my
grandfather had been diagnosed with terminal cancer.  We pulled in at
6:30am, got a few hours sleep, and then spent the rest of the day
talking to people about wills and stuff like that.  Somewhere that day,
my wife looks over at me with bleary eyes and says, "happy
anniversary!"  I was glad we had celebrated early...

    - Tim Young