[CS-FSLUG] Microsoft Church Case Study

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Mon Jul 18 13:49:30 CDT 2005

I think it is sad that it is a "political" statement for or against
something when the issue is something else entirely.  Since the
"go-to-guy" was a microsoft guy, then obviously the approach he will be
able to maintain best will be the microsoft one.  I have seen some very
antiquated solutions that worked marvelously well, simply because the
person maintaining it was able to do so very well.  As soon as you have
someone who is half-hearted maintaining any server, that server will
start to have problems.  It only takes forgetting to apply one security
patch for any server, Linux or Windows, to be in a compromisable state.

Ahhh, well.  People who write these things are usually paid to write
something, and they tend to look for things that "make a good story,"
which tends to lean towards inciting discussion.  :)

    - Tim Young