[CS-FSLUG] Cognitive Reflection Test

Robert W. robertwo at insightbb.com
Sun Jul 17 20:15:45 CDT 2005

On 07/17/2005 06:22:42 AM, Dommy E. Hamid wrote:
> Don't worry about it. I don't think this test is really a measure of
> how intelligent you are. When I was in high school, I dealt with this
> type of questions frequently because I was in Math Club, so I thought
> I could solve it with little problem. Yet, I found out that it took
> me a lot more time to solve the questions. I guess it's because my
> English is getting poorer so I have to read and reread the questions
> in order to come up with the right formula :)
>
> The way it is written is kind of "tricky" too.

It seemed like the questions were worded to make you "feel" the wrong
answer. They set up a cadence with the numbers. So a "gut feeling"
(intuitive thinking) was the wrong answer. You had to break the rythmn
to get the right answer.

--
Robert W.
robertwo at insightbb.com

It is done.  I am the Alpha and the Omega,
the Beginning and the End. -- Revelations 21:6