[CS-FSLUG] Cognitive Reflection Test

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Sat Jul 16 13:34:13 CDT 2005

> (1) A bat and a ball cost $1.10 in total. The bat costs a dollar more
> than the ball. How much does the ball cost?

Five cents.

> (2) If it takes 5 machines 5 minutes to make 5 widgets, how long would
> it take 100 machines to make 100 widgets?

Five minutes.

> (3) In a lake, there is a patch of lilypads. Every day, the patch
> doubles in size. If it takes 48 days for the patch to cover the entire
> lake, how long would it take for the patch to cover half of the lake?

Forty seven days.

I think I took about two minutes. Now, I'll probably find out I was completely
wrong, right? :-)

-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Turning and turning in the widening
gyretbutler at ofb.biz   |
  The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
timothybutler.us  |  Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
uninet.info       |  Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world..."
                                                 -- W. B. Yeats