[CS-FSLUG] NI: GOLDEN'S RULES: WILL THE REAL OPEN SOURCE COMMUNITY PLEASE STAND UP?

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 11:16:14 CDT 2005

Could also be that the user make up part of the "OSS community" too,
after all without anyone to benefit from it there would be no point to
software.

As for the notion that it's a community, I disagree with that. I think
using the term OSS community is like using the term proprietary
community for any developers and users of closed source, patented,
EULA equipped software. The only commonality between some OSS
developers is the licenses they use are open.