[CS-FSLUG] NI: Apple Darwin Streaming Server Web Admin Denial of Service

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Wed Jul 13 08:31:54 CDT 2005

Apple Darwin Streaming Server Web Admin Denial of Service

SECUNIA ADVISORY ID:
SA16056

VERIFY ADVISORY:
http://secunia.com/advisories/16056/

CRITICAL:
Less critical

IMPACT:
DoS

WHERE: From remote

SOFTWARE:
Darwin Streaming Server 5.x
http://secunia.com/product/3085/

Sowhat has reported a vulnerability in Darwin Streaming Server, which
can be exploited by malicious people to cause a DoS (Denial of
Service).

The vulnerability is caused due to an error in the web-based admin
interface when handling HTTP requests containing MS-DOS device names
with ".cgi" extension appended (e.g. AUX.cgi).

Successful exploitation causes the service to stop responding.

The vulnerability has been reported in versions 5.5 and prior for
Windows.

SOLUTION:
Update to version 5.5.1.

PROVIDED AND/OR DISCOVERED BY: