[CS-FSLUG] NI: OfB.biz: I GNU It!

Don Parris evangelinux at thefreelyproject.org
Tue Jul 12 23:31:34 CDT 2005

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 20:53:29 -0500
"Timothy R. Butler" <tbutler at ofb.biz> wrote:

> General Public License (GPL), in his column on KDE last week, he would
> inevitably be accused of arguing the GPL was a bad license. What did not
> fit into that piece shall now be dealt with: is the GPL a bad license or
> is the issue he complained about</a> something else? Find out at here:
>
>     http://www.ofb.biz/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=370
>
> ---

I concur.  I guess I understood that you were discussing more of a GPL vs
LGPL issue than a GPL vs other licenses issue.  Your viewpoint makes a great
deal of sense.

BTW, I'm more of an XFce user than a GNOME user.  I despise what GNOME has
done with the desktop.  Under 1.4, I could have workspaces & ports, which
was really cool.  I used that feature, too.  The default panel looked more
like XFce's does now.  There were some other features I really liked about
GNOME 1.4 as well.  I used GNOME the most under SUSE 8.0.  Now I use XFce.
Who knows, maybe one day I'll migrate to Enlightenment. ;)

Don
--
evangelinux    GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/                   http://chaddb.sourceforge.net/