[CS-FSLUG] GUNS AND THE FUTURE OF UNITED STATES

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Tue Jul 12 07:44:24 CDT 2005

> http://www.newswithviews.com/guest_opinion/guest62.htm
> >
> > GUNS AND THE FUTURE OF UNITED STATES
> >
> > By Jennifer Freeman
> >
> > July 10, 2005
> > NewsWithViews.com

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 08:47 +0300, Jukka wrote:
> Shouldn't this be labelled as political discussion?

Yes, it should have been.

> Ps. Jesus didn't carry a gun - I wonder why...

I can't believe I'm responding to this...

Jesus knew exactly how he was going to die and by whom.  Most of us do
not have that luxury and would like to extend our life as long as
possible.  Aside from the huge technology problem that would exist if
Jesus had a gun he didn't need one because no one was going to harm him.

The issue in America with guns is this: we have been specifically told
in our Constitution (Bill of Rights technically) that we (the citizenry)
have the right to bear arms.  This was specifically mentioned because
the Founding Fathers of America knew that government was corrupt and
left to its own devices would seek total control.  The people therefore
were given the right to protect themselves against said government and
to rise up against said government if needed.  THAT is the issue with
the second amendment to the Constitution and America's fascination with
weaponry.

I understand that most of America and definitely all of Europe does not
understand this situation but as a flag-waving, gun toting, grateful
American I understand the situation fully.  The men that setup the
government here in America knew that the government would one day run
amok and that the people would one day have to squash the powers that
be.  I have that right and so does every other American.  Most, however,
choose not to exercise that right because it might be inconvenient to
die for a cause.
--
Brian

The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after
him.  -- Proverbs 20:7