[CS-FSLUG] Cool!

Nigel Ridley nigel at rmk.co.il
Mon Jul 11 04:28:25 CDT 2005

Nathan T. wrote:
> On 7/10/05, Don Parris <gnumathetes at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>For some reason, the add says:
>>"� Supports Windows(r) XP only"
>>
>>Hmmmm...
>>
>>Don
>

> That would probably be because of the controls and stuff on the front,
> it may be able to run Linux, but without company support and they
> wouldn't be able to offer any drivers or software for the special
> buttons and LCD on the front.

 From my understanding the buttons etc are for the *instant view* dvd
and radio which are controlled by the imbedded Linux software.
The reference to 'XP only' probably means that it won't run Win98, ME or
2000.
If folks can get an XBox running Linux I'm sure that this box won't be
so difficult.

> That's just my guess though.

Blessings,

Nigel

--
It's not a problem -- it's a learning opportunity.
--

I AM Bible Studies and Resources
http://www.i-amfaithweb.net

Messianic E-Cards.com