[CS-FSLUG] Prayer request

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 02:53:50 CDT 2005

Hi everyone, time to update you all on the situation at work.

I was talking to a few of my coworkers today, Wayne doesn't work week
ends apparently so I didn't have to worry about him overhearing me.

Just about all of the other male employees at this particular Staples
store have had some sort of confrontation with Wayne, from the sounds
of it many of them wound up in an actual fist fight with the guy.
Someone told me about a time when Wayne managed to get a fight out of
a complete stranger at a bar, that stranger won the fight but later
applied for work at Staples just to find out he would be working under
Wayne in the furniture department :-p . Several employees have
threatened to quit because they were put in furniture with Wayne, and
when I asked why the guy was still around, the answer I got was that
everyone was asking the managers that same question for a very long
time.

The head manager stopped by to talk to me an hour before the store was
closing because I was at the mall till with nothing to do and she knew
I was getting bored. Apparently when Wayne had his loud outburst in
the lunch room she heard it, and she also heard me try to apologize
afterwards. I told her about the entire incident, and she told me that
Wayne was like that, and she confirmed my theory  that Wayne is in
fact stuck in furniture (~2 customers/day) because of his attitude.
The head manager then tried to apologize for what had happened, she
said she was glad that at least for a while I had put him in his
place, and then she said that she didn't like the idea of transferring
him because she would simply be passing the problem on to some other
poor souls. I didn't ask why Wayne was still working there, I'd rather
not be the one to get the guy fired because then he might come after
me for it, and the managers already know he's a problem so they'll
deal with it when they're ready. Wayne is going to be transferring out
in December, and the managers reminded him that he's subject to the
same rules as everyone else in the store.

For now things seem to have worked out well, as soon as summer is over
I'm hoping I can get evening and week end hours when Wayne isn't at
the store. Almost everyone else there seems to be warming up to me, it
seems that anyone Wayne hates, everyone else likes. Lets not count too
many blessings yet though, Wayne isn't gone for good until December,
and I don't think even the managers are going to keep his temper under
control until then.

Thank for the prayers everyone :-)