[CS-FSLUG] Prayer request

Jukka jukka.ylonen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 04:45:41 CDT 2005

On 7/7/05, Nathan T. <celerate at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got an interesting prayer request, if you read my blog you'll
> have a little more background to this
> http://celerate.blogspot.com/2005/07/cold-day-in-staples.html
>
> I've accidentally offended an anti-social coworker who I found out has
> a very short temper, how he even made it past the three month
> probation period all new employees have to go through is beyond me
> with a temper like his. Anyway this character is way over the top with
> a lot of things and threatened me with violence because of something
> he misunderstood, he isn't willing to listen to anything I have to
> say, in fact in the lunch room when he first made his threats he was
> ready to get into a brawl in front of the other employees. Fortunately
> for me someone made an excuse for me to leave the room, although for
> many of these people watching fights is a spectator sport and the only
> reason I did get out of there was because the person who made the
> excuse for me was also responsible for me for the day.
>
> I've just about had it with my job at Staples. It's more complicated
> than most stores because many of the local businesses go there to get
> their supplies and the computers and software are very outdated, that
> mixed with over 10 different methods of payment I have to remember how
> to handle, how to do exchanges and returns, and now this guy who's on
> the verge of trying to mount my head on his wall, I'm finding the job
> very undesirable.
>
> Flip a coin and decide whether you want to pray that things get easier
> or that I get fired, either one is acceptable but my favourite is not
> having to spend another day there. I can think of more humane kinds of
> torture than my job, like having my toe nails pulled out, I can see
> why so many people I know quit working at Staples before too long.
>
> I would have quit by now but the managers are nice, I've already
> brought that up once but its not easy because they try so hard to talk
> me out of it and the paycheck is still tempting. It may be a few more
> days at least before I decide to brave the managers again, right now
> I'm so upset with what happened at lunch time today that I don't think
> I could keep a straight face. If I get fired or laid off now it would
> make things much easier.
>
> Thanks.

Hi Nathan!

Good that you spoke with your managers - nobody likes to work in a
hostile environment. Hopefully they make the right decisions because
is not their advantage either that some employee makes threats against
other employees. I pray that God helps you in that situation. Lets
remember also that "troublemaker" (he has real problems with himself).

Blessings,
Jukka