[CS-FSLUG] SUSE 9.3 installation comments

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Tue Jul 5 13:54:43 CDT 2005

At 02:39 PM 7/5/05, Fred A. Miller wrote:

>On Tuesday 05 July 2005 1:11 pm, Frank Bax wrote:
> > I'm a bit concerned that OpenOffice 2.0 beta is on the distro?  Did I miss
> > an option to stick with production versions only?  How much other beta
> > software did I install?  We've been complaining for a long time that M$
> > sells beta software; apparently this Linux distro is no better.
>
>WRONG!! 2.0 is solid......if it does crash, it WILL recover......MickySoft
>WON'T do that 9 out of 10 times.

I didn't say it was unstable, I said it was beta; therefore SUSE 9.3, as a
"package" of software offerings must be considered beta and not usable in a
production environment.  I'll still use it at home, but will have to wait
before I suggest it for an office rollout.  I was hoping to use it to
upgrade some MDK91 systems at work.

BTW:  I also like that Firefox is already there!  We have some web-based
apps that don't work in Konqueror (OK in Mozilla and Firefox, though).  I
don't understand why Konqueror treats pulldowns like text boxes when you
try to select with keyboard -yuch!