[CS-FSLUG] Firefox works!

Chris Brault groundhog3000 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 26 20:54:26 CST 2005

Joy!

> I just used FireFox 1.0 to submit my employee's tax
> slips via web interface to Canada Revenue Agency.
> Although not listed as supported browser on
> website, it worked flawlessly.  I noticed they
> dropped support for IE 5.0, which I used last year.
> especially liked the ability to remove
header/footers
> before printing.

Indeed, Firefox has come a long way. After much
harassing, Chico State University has finally
certified Firefox. Hal Lindsey's site did the same.
It's been a personal campaign of mine to get sites I
use to certify Firefox, since it is, in all rights,
the rightful heir to the Netscape heritage.

Firefox is better is so many ways then IE. Especially
if you just look at IE by itself, without all the
add-ons and plug-ins. IE, without it's monopoly, would
be a pretty weak contender. Windows is the same way.
Without all the world working under it's monopoly, it
would be a third rate OS. Imagine if driver companies
stopped making M$ drivers for them. Imagine if M$ had
to make all it's own drivers. Wonder how popular M$
would be if it wasn't preinstalled on most every PC
on earth. Let's face it, Firefox is, on it's own
merits, a superior product.