[CS-FSLUG] Prayer Request - Armed Robbery

Don Parris evangelinux at thefreelyproject.org
Thu Feb 24 09:12:38 CST 2005

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 08:14:11 -0300
Eduardo Sanchez <lists at sombragris.org> wrote:

> Don, my prayers are with you brother. Blessings,
>
> Eduardo

As a follow-up, I visited Gary and his manager (can't think of her name)
last night on my way home from work.  Gary seems to be doing o.k. for the
most part.  He got hit just below the hip - the bullet shattered the femur.
He has a pin now holding it together.  He was in good spirits.  The manager
is in the same shape, but with an additional hit in her ankle - which is
extremely painful for her.  She was in tears.  I prayed with both.

Two robbers went inside while a third waited in the car.  Apparently they
kicked a pregnant woman.  She was o.k. once she felt the baby move.  I
gather she was checked over and released.  The other customers were treated
badly as well.  (Three staff & 3 customers were in the place.)  Apparently
the only employee that did not get hurt said she laid down immediately and
did not move a muscle.

Other employees and even former employees that worked with Gary saw it on
the news and have already been to visit him, according to his Mom.  Gary's
parents are extremely tired, as y'all might imagine.  I should add that I am
in better spirits myself today, having seen him.  I appreciate your prayers
in this difficult time.

Blessings,
Don

--