[CS-FSLUG] Fired...

Eduardo Sanchez lists at sombragris.org
Wed Feb 23 14:38:23 CST 2005

(pasted from my blog with light editing)

In a meeting I had just minutes ago with Revs. JM and LA, I was told
that effective March 1, 2005, I will be no longer in need to punch my
card here. I mostly saw this coming, as a fallout from the ill-fated
General Assembly of my church on last November. What I did not
anticipate was the fact that it would come so soon; that’s because I am
totally buried with work, overseeing the typesetting of our upcoming
Annual Report, which is a huge undertaking.

It is not like I’m helpless; just days ago I got a job offer for a
half-time job where I would get the same salary I’m earning here as a
full-time worker; additionally, I have a full backlog of consulting
jobs. However, this kind of rejection still hurts.

Moreover, my wife’s 15-year old nephew, who is orphaned, moved into our
home last Sunday and now it is under our wings. For all respects he is
like a son for us now, so we are stretching a lot (financially and
emotionally).

Another potentially bad consequence of my exit is that my blog may cease
to exist, since I’m hosting it on my church website.

I’m grateful for the ride; it was a very good experience, I learned a
lot, and I had lots of great moments. However, I must move on. Please
pray; your kind intercession is really coveted now.

Blessings,

Eduardo

--
Prof. Eduardo Sanchez