[CS-FSLUG] PDA question

Christopher Rose kf6snj at lycos.com
Mon Feb 21 22:41:12 CST 2005

As I prepare to begin classes at the University of Phoenix Tacoma, I find myself wondering if I should buy a palm device. I am debating between a used Sharp Zaurus ZR-5800 for $25 and a new Royal Excelsior for $20. Yes, I know that the obvious advantages of lower price and a newer machine make the Royal look like the better choice. However, amongst other things, the Royal has 1.5MB of ram while the Sharp has 2MB of ram. Also, the Sharp does speadsheets which the Royal does not. Please bear in mind that I am going to attempt (I have dropped out of college once before, so this is my last chance) to earn a Bachelor's of Science in Information Technology. I would appreciate any opinions in regards as to which of the two devices might be more appropriate for taking class notes and keeping track of my soon to be hectic schedule. Thank You.

Pax,

Christopher Rose

Linux Counter User: #350477
http://www.counter.li.org