[CS-FSLUG] grub fails gentoo

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Wed Feb 16 13:59:10 CST 2005

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 02:49:34PM -0500, john-thomas richards wrote:
[snip]
> Do you have the /boot/grub/menu.lst file?  The above looks like it
> should be in menu.lst.  My Debian/Testing box does have a grub.conf file
> anywhere on it.
[snip]

Turns out Gentoo has such a config file.  Strange.  I just found the
following link on Google.  Someone else had a similar problem and just
renamed /boot/grub/grub.conf to /boot/grub/menu.lst and the problem was
solved.  Double-plus strange.

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/post-164603.html
--
john-thomas