[CS-FSLUG] Distribution videos

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Tue Feb 15 22:48:00 CST 2005

Does anyone here know if distributions have online videos of special
events? I'm specifically looking for ones where they would show off new
features in upcoming releases of their distributions.

A while ago an apple user sent me a link to the Apple 2004 expo keynote
and I watched that, it was over an hour on the features of the upcoming
Mac OS X but it wasn't hard to watch at all, I found the entire thing
very interesting and even went searching for the 2005 expo keynote
video. I would like to know if any Linux distributions to something
similar, after all Apple has a real smart thing going here, if its a
simple video more than just Apple users might be interested in watching
it and would then realize just how nice the operating system is contrary
to their former impressions. Something similar would be great for Linux
distributors since it would help existing users feel proud of their
distribution and it would lure other in to consider it, it would also
help to inform people better as to which distribution is right for them.

Anyway it was just a thought.