[CS-FSLUG] American Experience: Alfred Kinsey

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Tue Feb 15 09:20:56 CST 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Brian Derr wrote:

> My question to the list is this: more than fifty years after the
> publication of his "research" it appears that the American public has
> fully accepted his findings, how do we, as followers of Christ,
> combat this sinful understanding of God's gift to a married man and
> woman? What do you think of his research, was it flawed or an
> accurate portrayal of the sexual appetite of the American people?

Aside from living and teaching the truth on this, as in other things,
I'm not sure there will be any simple answers.

I bought a series of books on clinical counseling 15 years ago, a
topical library edited by one of the few psychologists I trust to
uphold the Word. The one volume on sexual disfunction was infected
heavily with the myth that humans are sexual beings from birth. The
writer even went so far as to list Kinsey in his bibliography.

When people of the faith are so easily misled by such propaganda, I'm
not sure I know where to start. I'm not called to mount a campaign,
only to plod along in the Truth.

Ed Hurst