[CS-FSLUG] frambuffer options

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Mon Feb 14 14:27:40 CST 2005

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 02:59:45PM -0500, Alvin Smith wrote:
[snip]
> > > I will load the 386 version of the current 686 kernel to see what it
> > > looks like as a test, then try an older kernel next.
> >
> > Any success?
>
> So far I have tried the 386 kernel, and there is no difference.  I would like
> to find the document that explains all of the boot options related to
> framebuffer.  Maybe I am not inputting the proper options to make this
> happen...

Wacky.

There are a *few* options listed in
/usr/src/your_kernel_version/Documentation/vesafb.txt.  The options are
very limited and do not include things such as boot logo.  Primarily
they are resolution, ypan, ywrap, redraw, vgapal, pmipal, mtrr, and
vram.  There is nothing there for the end user.  There are some options
for specific hardware that are in various files in the above directory,
but I believe you are using the vesafb module.  If so, I listed above
the options that are available.  What sort of options are you seeking?
--
john-thomas
------