[CS-FSLUG] frambuffer options

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Thu Feb 10 09:03:18 CST 2005

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 11:36:00PM -0500, Alvin Smith wrote:
> > Are you running Lycoris Desktop/LX by any chance?
>
> No, I am running Debian Sid.
>
> I have not installed the bootsplash.org kernel patch.
>
> Are there not standard configurations for vesafb?  I seems to remember seeing
> Debian boot with a penguin at the top of the screen during the boot, one for
> each processor.  Perhaps I am thinking that it was Knoppix boot....?  But
> anyway, I can't seem to find the documentation for it.

I run Debian/Testing with framebuffer support and I get two penguins (on
my dual-processor system) that disappear after the boot process is
completed.

The configurations for vesafb are mostly resolution-related options.  As
I mentioned, the boot logo is hard-coded into the kernel.  I wonder what
Debian is doing in Sid to give you those other graphics.  Strange.
--
john-thomas
------