[CS-FSLUG] frambuffer options

Alvin Smith alvin at tux.org
Wed Feb 9 22:10:54 CST 2005

On Wednesday 09 February 2005 10:06 pm, john-thomas richards wrote:

> > > The penguin graphic is supposed to disappear in order to free up screen
> > > real estate.  What icons do you see?
> >
> > I see tux, a hard drive, and a flower.
> >
> > > Are you using the framebuffer
> > > driver for X?
> >
> > X is using nvidia driver.
>
> Strange...the tux logo is *hard*-coded into the kernel.  The kernel
> source *requires* an 80x80 graphic that is converted to a header file.
> Do you have the hard drive and flower on a *console* before X starts?

Yes, and there is also a globe.  They appear at intervals, spaced evenly from
left to right, with the flower appearing about three quarters across the top
of the screen just before GDM starts.  The flower seems to be the only one
that "floats" while boot information scrolls up.

--
peace,
Alvin Smith