[CS-FSLUG] Dual Booting

Christopher Rose kf6snj at lycos.com
Wed Feb 9 19:21:55 CST 2005

This is somethings I'd rather not ask about, however, given I preparing to re-enter school, I feel I must. I am preparing to begin taking classes to earn a BS in IT, however the school only uses windows. I had to scrounge up up an old 1.2GB drive and dust off (literally) an old copy of win98 (not even win98se, just win98). Now then, how do I get my computer to dual boot using Grub so that I do not have to constantly swap out hard drives for the next two years? Please make it simple. I have already learned that hooking up the win98 drive to the ide slave cable doesn't work. I do know that the drive is /dev/hdb1. How do I get Grub to ask if I want hd root=/dev/hda1 or hd root=/dev/hb1?

Any help would be appreciated.

Pax,

Christopher

Linux Counter User: #350477