[CS-FSLUG] Re: removing hyperlinks

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 18:19:16 CST 2005

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 14:17:56 -0500, Frank Bax <fbax at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> At 02:11 PM 2/8/05, Alvin Smith wrote:

> > > You can disable the auto-formating of url's as links under Tools -
> > > AutoCorrect/Format - Options - "URL recognition".
> > >
> > > Frank
> >
> >An example of the *problem* that I am referring to is if you copy text from a
> >website into a document, any text with hyperlinks associated with it will
> >retain the hyperlink association.  The text does not necessarily have to be
> >an URL.
> >
> >For example the word "Google" could appear as a link in the document, that
> >is,
> >underlined and blue, etc.
> >
> >Format, Default removes the link.
>
> Instead of paste, try paste-special (select "unformatted text").

Additionally, you can put your cursor in the text, then click on "HYP"
in the status bar.  It should turn to "SEL".  I think you still have
to change the underline (Ctrl+u), but it works.  Alternatively,
[Alt]+click on the hyperlink is supposed to be one step, and I think
describes turning off hyperlinks.

Blessings,
Don
--