[CS-FSLUG] Gosling: Huge security hole in .Net

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Mon Feb 7 22:05:13 CST 2005

A lot of people already said exactly what you just said David, and I
agree with you too. Another thing people have noted is that Java has the
same problems because of JNI and really C and C++ are much more powerful
and important languages than Java, and across most platforms are still
the only programming languages which are officially supported by a full
API. Cutting out C and C++ would be a huge mistake for anyone and would
leave most customers looking for competing products that did support the
two languages such as Borland's IDEs, plus if software were to be
developed entirely in programming languages like Java everyone would
need computers with at least three times the speed of whats available
today in order to get close to the same performance out of those
programming languages as C++ got out of computers about two years or so
ago when people were all still using 800 MHz machines.

http://celerate.blogspot.com/