[CS-FSLUG] DOJ Inaction Gives Pornographers the Green Light

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Sun Feb 6 10:49:36 CST 2005

* DOJ Inaction Gives Pornographers the Green Light *

*View this Important Message*
http://www.afa.net/videos/dojinaction.wmv

Adelphia Communications Corp. the nation's fifth largest cable
company, is showing hardcore pornography on their cable systems. All
other cable companies are expected to follow Adelphia's lead.
Adelphia felt safe in offering the illegal obscenity because they know
that the Department of Justice (DOJ) will not prosecute them.   By
their inaction, DOJ has indicated that they will not prosecute any
cable system or Internet provider showing hardcore pornography.

During the past 12 years the distributors and retailers of obscenity
have had an open door to distribute their product while DOJ looked the
other way.  The first 8 years were under the Clinton administration.
We can understand why there were few prosecutions, and those only of
child pornography.  The last 4 years were under the George W. Bush
administration which simply followed Clinton's lead.

Back in 2000, former Attorney General John Ashcroft, whom I consider a
friend, promised he would begin prosecution of obscenity.  He did
not.  He even appointed Drew Oosterbaan, a holdover from the Clinton
administration, to head the Child Exploitation and Obscenity Section.
The CEOS section of DOJ has the responsibility to prosecute obscenity.

DOJ has given a green light to every pornographer in America to trade
their wares without worry.  The laws to protect our children from
obscenity are in place, but Oosterbaan and DOJ refuse to enforce them.

It is time for parents to take a stand for their children and demand
that DOJ enforce the law.  Because of the addictive nature of
pornography, the pornographers know that if they capture the children
they will have customers for many, many years.

*TAKE ACTION*

Send a letter to Attorney General Alberto Gonzales and
to President Bush asking that the DOJ enforce the obscenity laws.
http://www.afa.net/activism/takeaction.asp?id=151

Thanks for caring enough to get involved on behalf of our children and
families.

Sincerely,

Donald E. Wildmon, Chairman
American Family Association

P.S. Please forward this email to at least one friend.

*Donate to AFA* - _"Working Together, We Can Work Wonders"_ - To
help American Family Association, make your tax-deductible donation
today! http://www.afa.net/donate.asp

*AFO Online* - Filtered Internet service provider
http://www.afo.net

*Bsafe Online* - Get protection against Internet pornography with
the filter endorsed by the American Family Association.
http://www.afafilter.com

Update e-mail address -
http://www.afa.net/activism/listservices/process.asp?mid=8439849
Privacy Policy - http://www.afa.net/privacy.asp

Questions or comments about AFA? Contact us via email, phone, fax,
or postal mail.  http://www.afa.net/contact.asp

www.afa.net
Copyright 2005
American Family Association
PO Drawer 2440
Tupelo, MS 38803
1-662-844-5036
All Rights Reserved

--
The only bug free software from MickySoft is still shrink-wrapped
in their warehouse..."