[CS-FSLUG] Networking with Apples

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 18:04:33 CST 2005

On 12/19/05, dmc <edoc7 at verizon.net> wrote:

> Linux is natively network and security-friendly
> due to flowing from UNIX origins in the business
> world.

So I can safely assume there'll be an easy graphical configuration program
to set this up in at least a handfull of good distributions?
It just occured to me that there are distributions specifically for this,
and then the box could also serve as the router, but I think I'd rather keep
the router and the server separate since it'll be a file server. I'd also
like to block all traffic from outside the network to the server so it's
invisible to the internet and that would be easily done through the router.

You "can" do what you describe with almost any
> OS but Linux & Apache are a pretty mature combo.

What would I need apache for? It's going to be a network file and print
server only.

IMHO, YMMV ... doc

Isn't that always the case :-)

[snip]