[CS-FSLUG] patent infringement, was Re: TechEd In the Church

Yama Ploskonka Yama at veritasacademy.net
Wed Dec 14 10:48:34 CST 2005

Thank you for the article (for a second I thought I might want to start
such a ministry in my church, then I reflected I want to prioritize
something like that in the Christian school I work in, so it's a good
idea that I want to follow up).

As I was in LXer, I browsed around, went to see the "Patents" section,
followed up this link,
http://lxer.com/module/db/go/13/6307/
that supposedly indicates Microsoft might be infringing a patent for a
desk drawer user interface (among quite a few more).

Question:  If they are, aren't we?  I mean, both MS and Linux use
generously the desk drawer metaphor.

Anyway, I guess that we are safe as MS is safe:  these software patents
have proved pretty much unenforceable.

Any ideas?

Yama