[CS-FSLUG] Yama Ploskonka, asoG, unto the CS-FLUG brethren, greetings

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 19:30:36 CST 2005

On 12/11/05, Yama Ploskonka <yama at netoso.com> wrote:
> Dear fellow CSrs,
>
> For assorted reasons (especially M$ ethics overseas), I have become a
> militant Linux user.
>
> The last thing on my Win 98 box is Corel Draw, and when I get comfy with
> Inkscape that will be it.  That, and a very peculiar (to be kind) data
> management software my school signed up for - which will get another
> email requesting advice from you'all.
>
> Born in Bolivia 41 years ago, married to a wonderful lady in Austin,
> Texas, where I have been for the last 4 years, and now with a very
> inspiring job as 3rd grade core and 3-5th grade Latin teacher in a
> Christian school here, Veritas Academy, and also their general IT guy.
>
> My Big life Project is to be part of a successful effort to give 3rd
> world people a chance to pull themselves by their bootstraps through
> education outside of their terminally ill state-sponsored school
> systems.  Because of this I also tend to make a nuisance of myself when
> I affirm that our standard missionary approaches are a waste of time if
> we don't figure a way for those people we preach salvation to, to also
> have hope in this life for them and their families, just like we act as
> we deserved it here in this blessed land;  I would very much pointers to
> Christian + open source + education + missions contacts that I could
> share ideas with.

Greetings Yama, and welcome to the list!

Allow me to suggest visiting GlobalLiteracy.org and contact Richard
Brincefield.  He helped develop the University of Phoenix'
widely-known eLearning program, and also used Docent until he ran into
Moodle (www.moodle.org).  Moodle matches Docent almost feature for
feature, albeit without the $10-$20k price tag.  He is over in
Arizona, and could prove an invaluable resource in terms of eLearning
systems.  I hope you'll find this helpful.

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/