[CS-FSLUG] KMail & Bogofilter

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 15:33:33 CST 2005

I have been trying out Kontact/KMail since I got SUSE 10.0.  So far, I
like the way it works.  I ran the spam filter wizard thinking that
would eliminate some of the spam getting through my pop accounts'
greylist scheme.  However, that requires me to manually filter the
spam, which is not what I want.  So I went into the filter settings,
and checked the option to filter the incoming mail.  I have a 'bulk
mail' folder into which all the spam goes.

Well, having the bogofilter check the incoming mail seems to work.
However, I am now having to manually mark my messages as "ham", and to
re-filter them to their appropriate folders.  I had to leave the
house, and won't get back to this until then, but does anyone have
experience  with these filters to give me some tips?  Anything beyond
the KMail handbook?

Thanks,
Don
--