[CS-FSLUG] Distribution list program (update)

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 20:57:32 CST 2005

Good news everyone, I've just finished putting together the base code for my
distrowatch parser. As you all probably know (because I think I already
mentioned this) it's written in Java, the reason I chose Java was because I
didn't know how to fetch files via http with any other language yet. Most of
you should be aware that Java is object oriented, so when I say I'm finished
writing the base code that more or less means that I have all the critical
parts written, but I only have only gotten a working sample output by
running the individual components with some temporary code to glue together
the ones that need it. I will be refining the code and then tying it
together with some sort of user interface, whether command line or
graphical.

I would like to see what you all think of the output so far. Unfortunately
because the xml files I have it parse don't contain much information I don't
have much to work with either so improving that part of the program could
prove very difficult.