[CS-FSLUG] NI: A Little Advocacy

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Thu Dec 1 21:13:45 CST 2005

Here we have another episode in the on-going brouhaha between the
rapacious (Win-based) adware/spyware companies and the "anti-spyware
zealots" -- O Lord, I want to be in that number...

http://www.vitalsecurity.org/2005/12/here-i-go-on-upload-stand-back-and.html

The gist of the issue is 180 Solutions suing ZoneLabs because ZoneAlarm
reports malware as malware. My comment on the blog post: "180 Solutions
-- One of the best reasons to run Linux!" On my own blog:

The CEO at 180 blogs he wonders how all his valued customers feel about
ZoneAlarm's warning the software "has no known usefulness." I hope
someone is putting little splashes of Terran sunlight in envelopes to
send the folks at 180 Solutions, because they sure aren't on the same
planet as you and I.

--
Ed Hurst