[CS-FSLUG] NI: BETHLEHEM IS NOT IN ISRAEL

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Wed Aug 31 19:14:12 CDT 2005

BETHLEHEM IS NOT IN ISRAEL

For the last several years I have struggled to help the dwindling Christian
population in Bethlehem, the birthplace of Christ. Americans just did not
seem to care about the abuse their Christian brothers and sisters were facing
and I could not figure out why .... THEN ... On my return from the Holy Land
in August I was suddenly made aware of why most American just don't help the
persecuted Christians in Bethlehem. A customs agent ask me where I had
purchased Nativity sets and I told him Bethlehem. He responded by saying
"Israel?" I said no, Bethlehem in the Palestinian Authority area. We talked
further and I learned that not a single Customs agent knew that Bethlehem was
not in Israel .... AND THESE ARE AMERICAN CUSTOMS AGENTS!

Americans think Bethlehem is in Israel. In every map in every Bible in America
Bethlehem is shown as being in Israel. But ... BETHLEHEM IS NOT IN ISRAEL.

Under the Oslo Accords forced on Israel by then President Bill Clinton the
town of Bethlehem was handed over to the Palestinian Authority. Now Christian
children are forced to read verses from the Koran in the schools and
Christian women are targeted for rape by Muslim men. Christian businessmen
face extortion from armed Muslim gangs such as HAMAS.

Since Israel handed Bethlehem over to the Palestinian Authority, the city's
First Baptist Church has been bombed fourteen (14) times and the pastor has
been shot twice. Israel can do nothing to help Christians in Bethlehem.

Bethlehem is part of the "West Bank." While the number of Christians has grown
in Israel, the number of Christians in the West Bank has dwindled. Once 85%
of the population in Bethlehem, the Christians are now a minority of 20% or
less.

But most Americans still think Bethlehem is in Israel and that Israel is
protecting the Holy sites there. But ... BETHLEHEM IS NOT IN ISRAEL.

That is why I have begun a campaign to educate Americans, to let them know
that Bethlehem is not under Israel's protection, that it is in the hands of
Muslim extremists. This past weekend I ran a full page ad in the Washington
Times Weekly edition. The headline at the top of the ad simply said,
"BETHLEHEM IS NOT IN ISRAEL" and then went on to explain the situation.
(Click here or on image to read ad!)

Will you help me tell Americans the truth about the status of Bethlehem? This
will help us obtain more help for our Christian bothers and sisters facing
persecution there.

You can help today by sending a gift to the Bethlehem Project of the Religious
Freedom Coalition.

Go to www.thebethlehemproject.org to make a secure contribution to the
Bethlehem Project or mail your gift to:

Religious Freedom Coalition, Bethlehem Project, PO Box 77511, Washington, DC
20013

You received this e-mail because you are subscribed to weekly Legislative
Updates of the Religious Freedom Coaltion (www.rfcnet.org) To unsubsribe from
this service and receive no further e-mails from the Religious Freedom
Coaltion click here.

Please address all comments and questions to support at rfcnet.org

This publication is a service of the Religious Freedom Coalition (RFC). Links
to political and other sites are for informational purposes and do not
constitute endorsement. No statement is intended to assist or defeat any
candidate running for public office.

Religious Freedom Coalition * Copyright - 2005

to you, at this time.