[CS-FSLUG] Question About Podcasting

Don Parris evangelinux at matheteuo.org
Wed Aug 31 11:51:53 CDT 2005

Josiah Ritchie wrote:

>WordPress will automatically create the enclosure tags needed for an RSS
>feed to podcast. The enclosure tag indicates the music file to download
>and the podcatching client will just grab that along with the normal RSS
>provided info.
>
>WordPress finds any media files and adds them to the normal feed as
>enclosures so all you really have to do is upload them and blog about
>it. (Use the full URL.)
>
>Eventually, bandwidth usage could become a problem. At this point, using
>bit torrent to grab your feeds becomes a useful and needed tech.
>
>That's the easiest way I know to do it. There are many other ways to
>generate the feed though.
>
>JSR/

O.k., I don't blog.  I started doing that at Lulu, but dropped off after
a furious start.  I just don't have time to blog seriously.  It takes me
forever to type anything.  I'm not likely to add a blog to
matheteuo.org.  I'm not sure how serious I am about doing a podcast.  I
would likely start off with a once a week or twice a month release.  Of
course, I could do an audio version of PitP, which is something I've
given a fair amount of thought to.  Right now, I could say much for the
sound quality, but if it's not too bad, it might useful as a gratis
thing.  I could mention the benefits of purchasing the book.  I've also
considered putting a few of my sermons in digital audio.

As far as podcasting goes, I might could do a little cast here and there
discussing the latest happenings in the Christian libre community, or
share my views on current trends.  Obviously, I wouldn't expect much of
an audience. ;-)  It *sounds* like it could be fun though.  We'll see.

Don