[CS-FSLUG] Sessions - What's the Point?

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 02:53:05 CDT 2005

Does anyone here really make use of "sessions", as in a GNOME or KDE
session?  Just to be sure I understand the concept, I assume that
saving a session means I could:
(1) be working on my next 200-page book,
(2) save and name the session as I close out, and then
(3) log back into that session with the same apps & documents open

I saved a GNOME session with Evolution open.  I logged out and back in
to find it worked as I  thought.  However, when I did the same with an
OOo Writer document, it didn't work out that way.  I tried again, this
time making sure Writer was open, and then naming the session.  After
logging out, I chose "Last Session", and again, Evolution opened, but
not OOo Writer.

So back to my question, what good is this feature, and how can I
maximize my benefit from it?  Does anyone else take advantage of the
sessions feature?

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist