[CS-FSLUG] Recommendations on Headsets

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 01:32:25 CDT 2005

Is there anything special I need to know about using a headset with
GNU/Linux - especially any experience with SUSE or Ubuntu?  I assume
these devices should "just work", but that assumption with my camera
caused my SUSE box to "just lock up", making it necessary to do a hard
reboot.  My camera is a long-supported Kodak CX-6200.

So before I throw any money into a headset, I'd like to get input on:
(a) what works well with GNU systems, and
(b) what headsets are solid for computer use

Who knows, maybe I'll even try putting Skype on the Laptop (currently
running Ubuntu), and on the SUSE box.

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist