[CS-FSLUG] NI: Sharon's End Game

Nigel Ridley nigel at rmk.co.il
Sat Aug 27 22:45:23 CDT 2005

dmc wrote:
>> Without sounding like I'm seeking an argument here, you really don't
>> understand the political situation here in Israel.
>

> There is nothing new under the sun, God said that, I didn't.
>
> There are enough activists in Israel, perhaps more than any
> other nation, that if they really believed Sharon to be making
> such critical moves merely to cover up far more petty issues
> he'd be gone.

Did you not watch the news the past few months? There were plenty of
activists protesting -- even in his own party.
The *rebels* in his own party he fired and the rest he just ignored,
bolstering his new agenda by bringing into the Government his political
opponents (who supported his plans). He did an ideological about face
and many are trying to understand why -- hence the authors 'theory'.

Regarding the gossip about his alleged criminal activities, no one can
say for sure except that most people in Israel believe that he and his
son were involved somehow. The attorney general dropped legal
proceeding, not because of lack of evidence, but because he felt there
wasn't enough evidence to bring about a conviction. His son has entered
into some sort of agreement and his prosecution is still ongoing.
All of the above is common knowledge in Israel and easily verifiable via
the news archives of media outlets such as the Jerusalem Post.

Yes I do pray for Ariel Sharon as we are instructed to do but I also
read news items pertaining to the health of my country, including said
article, so as to better understand the complexities therefore being in
a better position to take it before the Throne and pray.

I hope you understand thing a little bit more now.

Blessings,

Nigel

--
It's not a problem -- it's a learning opportunity.
--

I AM Bible Studies and Resources
http://www.i-amfaithweb.net

Messianic E-Cards.com