[CS-FSLUG] Word Press wrangling

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Sat Aug 27 22:42:00 CDT 2005

> Is Safari being written for FreeBSD and Linux?

It's basically a LAMP program (Linux/Apache/MySQL/Perl). But, it is
really OS agnostic, so it's more of an AMP program. :-)

> Is there a beta out there that one could look at or is it too
> early in development yet for that?

I am not publicly releasing the code yet, as I'm not satisfied that I
have enough time to patch up things people might find problematic. In
fact, while SAFARI 0.90 is available on SourceForge, its much
different cousin (SAFARI 2.0) may never be publicly released. Right
now, my blog, asisaid.com is running a highly developmental version
of SAFARI 2.0. Ed's site will be the next to get it, once I fix a few
very annoying bugs, then it will go to OfB and another Linux site,
Linux and Main.

> OK re. the rest.  I noted Christian in the title of the group and
> thought it OK to reference the Bible as a point of reliable reference.
> Will try to stick to technology here.

     Bible references are fine; I've been away a bit, so I'm not sure
what specifically Ed is referring to, but I think it has to do with
the high level of political content on the list at the moment, which
is indeed excessive. But, I can't complain, given that I've been
letting my list admin duties slack. :-)

     -Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Now  that  I am a  Christian  I  do have moods
Editor, OfB.biz   | in which the whole thing looks very improbable:
tbutler at ofb.biz   | but when I was an  atheist I had moods in which
timothybutler.us  | Christianity looked terribly probable."
                                                       -- C.S. Lewis