[CS-FSLUG] Word Press wrangling

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Sat Aug 27 14:40:17 CDT 2005

Eventually, Tim promises to replace my blog software with some
superior. Meanwhile, I struggle against WordPress doing for me things I
don't want done. For example, I cannot compose an article on the
console and paste it in, because console editors wrap the lines at
fixed lengths (as they should), but WordPress accepts such text as
having many individual one-line paragraphs. If I put in paragraph tags,
it sees the line-ends as <br /> line breaks, also incorrect.

I would much rather just paste in HTML tagged text and have it accepted
*as-is* without interpretation. Anyone know how to turn off that
annoying feature in WP? I've searched in the options but can't identify
any switches to control this behavior.

--
Ed Hurst