[CS-FSLUG] NI: Sharon's End Game

Nigel Ridley nigel at rmk.co.il
Sat Aug 27 11:10:38 CDT 2005

dmc wrote:
> One of the reasons Christians live such troubled lives is because
> instead of seeking after righteousness we constantly try to discover
> how close to the fire we may dance without getting badly burned.
>
> If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and waddles like a
> duck it is likely enough to be a duck to be called one ... nice
> little rhetorical Texas two-step you did there but it sure still
> reads like malicious partisan gossip to me.
>
> I spent 10 years in the trenches of elective politics and I
> tend to sniff-out partisan slander pretty readily.
>
> It seems more Biblical to stay on the course we were on --
> discussing the facts of the case and not speculating about
> the nefarious secondary motives of one man.
>
> Sharon is not a dictator and unlike Bill Clinton he doesn't
> have enough complicit help in the media and his Party to make
> these sorts of moves without getting his political head handed
> to him were it nothing but diversionary tactics from lesser
> matters.
>
> Let's stick with historical, cultural, political, military,
> and Biblical facts and leave the gossip to the pagans.
>
> doc

Without sounding like I'm seeking an argument here, you really don't
understand the political situation here in Israel.
Knowing Ariel Sharon's history -- both political and military -- I can
say that the author is not gossiping but rather collecting relative
pieces of information and trying to make an [educated?] guess at
possible likely scenarios.
Obviously he is a reporter and obviously needs to write stuff that
people will read.

Like I said, the political situation here in Israel is not like any
other and it is important, from a political point of view, to know how a
politician might think or act. The motives for such action will always
be obscure mainly because said politician always needs the support of
the minority parties who usually control the deciding vote(s).
It is therefore in the interest of the voting public to try and find out
as much as possible about political motives and it is definitely not
regarded as gossip (not in Israel anyway).

Blessings,

Nigel

P.S. Have you ever thought about bottom posting :-)

--
It's not a problem -- it's a learning opportunity.
--

I AM Bible Studies and Resources
http://www.i-amfaithweb.net

Messianic E-Cards.com