[CS-FSLUG] NI: Interesting insight on Gaza pullout

Nigel Ridley nigel at rmk.co.il
Fri Aug 26 22:55:42 CDT 2005

David Aikema wrote:
> On 8/26/05, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:

>>>What exactly constitutes a nation? If you read any of the academic
>>>literature on the topic, there's a lack of consensus as to what
>>>exactly a nation is.
>>
>>[snip]
>>
>>The Palestinians were a rag tag nomad group of Arabs who NEVER had settled any
>>land. If the Arab states want them to have their own land, then let THEM give
>>it to them, but NOT Israel.
>

> What do you mean by "settled"?  They were living somewhere in the
> general vicinity beforehand.  There were certain segments of the land
> that did have a majority Jewish population, but at the same time in
> Israel/Palestine there were also areas with a majority non-Jewish
> population.
>
> David

Hi David,

I wrote a little Bible study some time ago entitled 'Whose Land Is It?'
[http://www.oliveroot.net/whose_land.htm] which contains, at the bottom
of the page, a list of links dealing with related subjects. They are
very informative and, to the best of my knowledge, factual.

Perhaps you could find some answers to your question[s] there.

Blessings,

Nigel

--
It's not a problem -- it's a learning opportunity.
--

I AM Bible Studies and Resources
http://www.i-amfaithweb.net

Messianic E-Cards.com