[CS-FSLUG] Preparing a little e-mail for Microsoft

David Aikema daikema at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 16:47:27 CDT 2005

Here's the relevant section of Canadian Copyright law:
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/C-42/39417.html#section-30.6

I think that there's an update to these laws in the works now.  From
what I recall of the proposed new legislation (this is just my
recollection so it may not be entirely accurate), it prohibits the
circumvention of copy protection measures for making backup copies,
although it permits it for "research" purposes.

David