[CS-FSLUG] Dumb spam

Don Parris evangelinux at thefreelyproject.org
Thu Aug 11 09:57:43 CDT 2005

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:23:11 -0500
Steve McCracken <smccrack at hcjb.org.ec> wrote:

> Nathan T. wrote:
> > I've seen more than my share of spam mail that didn't say anything
> > understandable, it was just a mess of random letters.
>
> As Fred said, It could come from the orient and therefore be coded for
> the characters there.  Also, I've seen a good share of Spam that was
> unintelligible if only shown in plain text, but if looked at in HTML
> showed completely differently.

My e-mail client, Sylpheed-claws, renders html mail in plain text.  The nice
thing is that I get to see where the Paypal scammers are trying to redirect
me.  It's entertaining when I'm just wasting time. ;-)

Don
--
evangelinux    GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/                   http://chaddb.sourceforge.net/